Rates and Procedures
To stay at the Swiss Ski Club please go to Book a Stay
- The Swiss Ski Club is an entirely volunteer organization.
- All Members and Guests at the lodge share in duties to maintain the facility during their stay and leave it how they found it …… or better
- Members and guests often work together and organize meals from our well stocked cooking facility (food not included).
- These are the roots that bind this organization outside our love for skiing and nature.
- Become a member!!!
If you have never stayed with us, we recommend you join a bus trip. It is the perfect way to see our facility, meet members and learn the Swiss Ski Club ways. We also host many social events around New York City so please refer to our Calendar
Members are welcome to the lodge at anytime
- Non-Members (Friends) are welcomed at the Lodge whenever a Member is present
- All reservations are prepaid
- If you are on a Car-pool Weekend a Reservationist will help arrange rides
- Contact the firstname.lastname@example.org if there are no reservationist for the dates of your stay.
Have a question not answered here? To have an SSC member contact you, email us at email@example.com.
What does a weekend cost?
2020 Summer rates
Rate per Night
||No meals *
2019-2020 winter rates
(Effective November 1, 2019 - Memorial Day May 25, 2020)
* No meals - the group decides its own meal schedule is coordinated by an SSC member attendee serving as Hutmaster.
The group shops for its food and shares the additional cost.
If you don't have a car, let our reservationist know. We will try to pair you with a driver or others looking for rides willing to rent a car. However, the club does not guarantee rides to the lodge, unless it is a bus trip.
Cancellations and late arrivals
The reservation deadline is also the cancellation deadline.
Bus Trip weekends:
The early bird registration deadline or 14 days prior to the trip, whichever is earlier is the cancellation deadline for full refunds. No refunds will be offered after the cancellation deadline. There will be no refund for no-shows. $50 Processing fee included in the price, is non-refundable.
What's the "fine print" in your reservation policies?
- > Reservations left on answering machines or by email are not valid until the reservationist confirms to you by phone or email.
- > Attendees have several options to settle the invoice for their stay at the Lodge and incidentals, such as lift tickets and vouchers, and beverages provided by the Club (honor system): (preferred option) Zelle (run by the Chase Bank), upload the app to your mobile device, Make payments to: firstname.lastname@example.org; Online (no PayPal required); - by cash or check on the last day of the weekend.
- > Bus Trips require payment in full to confirm your reservation (Online only - Zelle app or via website (Credit card), no checks nor cash).
- > Pets are not permitted at the lodge, and smoking is not allowed indoors. Smokers may use the porch to indulge. Pets will have to stay home for the weekend.
What do I bring? What don't I bring?
Please bring your own sheets, pillowcase and towel. Alternatively, many people bring a sleeping bag for the bed. Blankets and pillows are provided. Bring a swimsuit if you want to use the sauna. Your reservationist will provide you with other details about car pools, pickup points, ski transport, etc.
Do I have to be a member to ski with you?
You don't have to be a member to ski or snowboard with the Swiss Ski Club of New York, but we would really enjoy meeting you at one of our NYC events beforehand.
I'm driving, how do I find the lodge?
Your reservationist will provide directions, or your passenger will know the way.
Please park in our parking area. The driveway is for loading/unloading only and must be kept clear for emergency vehicles and plowing.
Family week, what are the rules for children?
We love kids as much as anyone, but except for designated family-friendly weekends, attendees should be 21 years of age, unless accompanied by a parent. Exceptions might be made on a case by case basis, contact the Tour Manager or the Bus trip Manager. Members with children are welcomed to bring children of any age. Non-members with children must be introduced by a member and member must be present during their stay. Non-member's children must be older than 5 years old or should be otherwise approved by the reservationist and/or the Tour Manager.