Rates and Procedures
Members are welcome at the lodge at anytime. Non-Members (Friends) are welcome at the Lodge whenever a Member is present!
- All reservations are prepaid
- If you are on a Carpool Weekend, our Reservationist will help arrange rides.
- Contact the firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance
Have a question not answered here? Email us at email@example.com.
2020 Summer Rates
Rate per Night
2019-2020 Winter Rates
(Effective November 1, 2019 - Memorial Day May 25, 2020)
* No meals - the group decides how it will do meals - some cook in, and some go out for meals!
If you don't have a car, let our reservationist know. We will try to pair you with a driver or others looking for rides willing to rent a car. However, the club does not guarantee rides to the lodge, unless it is a bus trip.
Cancellations and late arrivals
The reservation deadline is also the cancellation deadline.
Bus Trip weekends
The early bird registration deadline or 14 days prior to the trip, whichever is earlier is the cancellation deadline for full refunds. No refunds will be offered after the cancellation deadline. There will be no refund for no-shows. $50 Processing fee included in the price, is non-refundable.
The cost for a Bus Trip with the Swiss Ski Club includes:
- Transportation to/from Vermont as well as a sandwich dinner, wine, and snacks on the bus each way
- Transportation between the lodge and mountain each day
- Dinners and breakfasts at the lodge
- Wine with dinner at the lodge
- Apres snacks at the lodge
- Lodging - each of our rooms sleeps 4 people (one person in a top bunk) though occupancy depends on the number of registrations!
Lift tickets can be purchased through the club at discounted rates for Sugarbush (SB) and Mad River Glen (MRG). See below for more details.
- SB for SSC members $75
- SB for friends of the club $85
- MRG for SSC members $60
- MRG for friends of the club $70
Rental equipment is not included in our fees, but any member will gladly show you to the rental locations at each mountain.
What's the "fine print" in your reservation policies?
- > Reservations left on answering machines or by email are not valid until the reservationist confirms to you by phone or email.
- > Attendees have several options to settle the invoice for their stay at the Lodge and incidentals, such as lift tickets and vouchers, and beverages provided by the Club (honor system): (preferred option) Zelle (run by the Chase Bank), upload the app to your mobile device, Make payments to: firstname.lastname@example.org; Online (no PayPal account required); - by cash or check on the last day of the weekend. When paying, be sure to include a memo about what the payment is for - i.e Bus Trip 4, Bus Trip 3 incidentals, Whitewater rafting tickets, etc.
- > Bus Trips require payment in full to confirm your reservation (Online only - Zelle app or via website (Credit card), no checks nor cash).
- > Pets are not permitted at the lodge, and smoking is not allowed indoors. Smokers may use the porch to indulge. Pets will have to stay home for the weekend.
I'm driving, how do I find the lodge?
Your reservationist will provide directions, or your passenger will know the way.
Please park in our parking area. The driveway is for loading/unloading only and must be kept clear for emergency vehicles and plowing.
Family week, what are the rules for children?
We love kids as much as anyone, but except for designated family-friendly weekends, attendees should be 21 years of age, unless accompanied by a parent. Exceptions might be made on a case by case basis, contact the Tour Manager or the Bus trip Manager. Members with children are welcomed to bring children of any age. Non-members with children must be introduced by a member and member must be present during their stay. Non-member's children must be older than 5 years old or should be otherwise approved by the reservationist and/or the Tour Manager.