How to Go Skiing with Us
Ok, you're ready for the SSC. How do you go skiing with us? The first thing to do is contact the reservationist whose name is on the calendar or event for that weekend. If you are unable to reach the reservationist or there is no reservationist, please contact our tour manager at email@example.com. Refer to our calendar or the event's flyer for specific dates, event information, etc.
Reservations generally begin three Wednesdays prior to the weekend. Reservations are accepted until 8 pm on the Thursdays before most other weekends. Bus Trips have their own reservation schedule and must be prepaid. We recommend you sign up as soon as possible. There is a "first come, first served" advantage, as the reservationist will explain.
- Members can stay at the Lodge at any time for up to one week (7 nights) per visit. No scheduled event is necessary. Longer stays may be approved by request to the Lodge Manager (LodgeManager@SwissSkiClub.org ).
- Non-Members (Friends) are welcomed at the Lodge whenever a Member is present, attendees should be 21 years of age, unless accompanied by a parent. Exceptions will be made on a case by case basis.
- Contact the Tour Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org if there is no reservationist for the dates of your stay.
- We keep costs to a minimum by sharing chores (great way to get to know your fellow weekenders).
Have a question not answered here? To have an SSC member contact you, email us at email@example.com.
What does a weekend cost?
* No meals - the group decides its own meal schedule is coordinated by an SSC member attendee serving as Hutmaster.
The group shops for its food and shares the additional cost.
If you don't have a car, let our reservationist know. We will try to pair you with a driver or others looking for rides willing to rent a car. However, the club does not guarantee rides to the lodge, unless it is a bus trip.
Cancellations and late arrivals
The reservation deadline is also the cancellation deadline.
Bus Trip weekends:
The early bird registration deadline or 14 days prior to the trip, whichever is earlier is the cancellation deadline for full refunds. No refunds will be offered after the cancellation deadline. There will be no refund for no-shows. $50 Processing fee included in the price, is non-refundable.
What's the "fine print" in your reservation policies?
- > Reservations left on answering machines or by email are not valid until the reservationist confirms to you by phone or email. > Attendees have several options to settle the invoice for their stay at the Lodge and incidentals, such as lift tickets and vouchers, and beverages provided by the Club (honor system): (preferred option) Zelle (run by the Chase Bank), upload the app to your mobile device, Make payments to: firstname.lastname@example.org; Online (no PayPal required); - by cash or check on the last day of the weekend.
- > Bus Trips require payment in full to confirm your reservation (Online only - Zelle app or via website (Credit card), no checks nor cash).
- > Pets are not permitted at the lodge, and smoking is not allowed indoors. Smokers may use the porch to indulge. Pets will have to stay home for the weekend.
What do I bring? What don't I bring?
Please bring your own sheets, pillowcase and towel. Alternatively, many people bring a sleeping bag for the bed. Blankets and pillows are provided. Bring a swimsuit if you want to use the sauna. Your reservationist will provide you with other details about car pools, pickup points, ski transport, etc.
Do I have to be a member to ski with you?
You don't have to be a member to ski with the SSC. But we would really enjoy meeting you at one of our Wednesday meetings or other NYC events beforehand.
I'm driving, how do I find the lodge?
Your reservationist will provide directions, or your passenger will know the way.
Family week, what are the rules for children?
We love kids as much as anyone, but except for designated family-friendly weekends, attendees should be 21 years of age, unless accompanied by a parent. Exceptions might be made on a case by case basis, contact the Tour Manager or the Bus trip Manager. Members with children are welcomed to bring children of any age. Non-members with children must be introduced by a member and member must be present during their stay. Non-member's children must be older than 5 years old or should be otherwise approved by the reservationist and/or the Tour Manager.